Parker

Parker

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

March 3, 2009

Still seems like yesterday that my little Jaycee was being born at 11:15pm with family all around. 
I always wanted a girl first and one that was just like little Rylee.  And it's just what I got.  And I couldn't be happier! 

I love my Jaycee.  She is my little buddy.  She has a little halo that rarely comes off.  She is so fun and makes me laugh.  She really is my mini-me and is really scary sometimes how much we are alike.

On her actual birthday it was pretty low key since we had her party just a few days before.  She got to choose her bfast & dinner and dessert.  We didn't want to do cake and she was just fine with that. 
I made her one of her favorite breakfast of pancake faces.  We did have to run over to the store to get mix & whip cream so I could make the whipping cream.  So bfast was a little later than normal.  We then played most the day and ended up at the park for a while.  For dinner she requested her favorite of noodles & white sauce and even had fresh bread from one of the girls in the ward for her fundraiser for Girl's Camp.  It was all so tastey.  Jaycee chose Frozen Yogurt for her dessert as she could choose whatever she wanted.
She was reminded that she wouldn't be getting presents from us because of her party but she really was fine with it.  Grandma Parker did send an adorable outfit (maxi skirt, shirt & cardigan) with a fun little magnet toy.  Aunt Dana sent her some little puzzles.  Aunt Aimee gave her a pony castle & Gma Allen sent her a little card.  She was overjoyed with it all.

She had absolutely no idea that there was a brand new bike in the garage!  We kept it a huge secret.  Now, we do have a birthday budget but the problem is that her bike is way too small and won't make it through the year with her growing.  So either way we were going to get a new bike for her this summer to use.  Might as well do it as a surprise.  It was the cutest thing to see her so excited and I was glad to catch the whole thing on camera.  ***I did try to post but wouldn't upload***  She ended her big day riding for a few minutes & having a sleep over in mom's room.  She was spent.  She loves, loves, loves her new bike.  In fact, a few days later rode it for 3 miles!!!  While Craig & I jogged.  I couldn't believe she did it the whole time without stopping even.  She's a pro and acts like it.  We did take off her training wheels and are starting to practice.  I think it'll be soon that she'll be to 2 wheels.  She even asked Craig to take off the petals so she can walk with it to learn how to balance.  She is so dang determined to be riding. 
Thank you everyone for making her feel special and loved on her big day!


















No comments:

Post a Comment